Thursday, December 20, 2007

Has it Really Been a MONTH?

I. am. embarrased. It's really been a MONTH since we've posted? Well, a lot can change in a month and it has!

Michael makes more noises now and goes around practicing his intonations. Uhhh...ohhhh...ahhhh..uhhh...but not in a montonous sound. With his voice rising up and then down. I guess he's practicing to be Vietnamese.

No words yet though...*sigh*

He gestures:
  • When he wants to be picked up, he holds his arms up and closes his fingers to tell you to come here.
  • He puts all his fingers together to a point to indicate that he wants more of something.

I guess that's only 2.

He recognizes Vietnamese words! I can say Vo Thay (which means clap) and he starts to clap.

On MOnday, he figured out how to put the rings back ON his stackable ring thing and he'll put one on and clap for himself! Same with his little pull toy with the stackable things! I taught him how to do it before we left for Rome and he would cry in frustration b/c he couldn't do it. We came back and on Monday, he did it. First shot. I'm so proud. That's really all it takes. Wonder what I'll think when he graduates High School..."My boy is a GENIUS!!!"

Thursday before we left for Rome (so that would make it Dec.6), he started looking at and playing with his penis when he would get naked before getting in the bath tub.

Yesterday, he had his first cheese soft taco.

I think that's it for special observations of Michael. Can't believe I am SO behind!

Love,
P

No comments: