Thursday, January 22, 2009

My husband...in a nut shell

First of all, this is my latest fav pic of Brian. So cool, handsome, and happy:

Today is an interesting day for Brian. He's got a meeting about right now or very soon with his manager for his year end review. And then he's got another meeting about the START program (the one he's in that sends him over here to work). Which may or may not be a good thing. We're still wondering exactly what it will be about.

Anyways, you can check back soon to find out. I'm sure I'll blog about it.

We were in music class last Saturday. We go as a family. And as in any Children's music class, you start by going around the room and saying your name to a little song. And this one not only had you saying your name to a little song, but also tapping out the beat with your hands at the same time.

Needless to say...when it got to Brian, Brian did a STELLAR job singing his name. But when it came to tapping out the beat with his hands, not only was he COMPLETELY off beat with the rest of the group, but he was completely off beat with himself. So he's singing and tapping to God only knows what song and God only knows what rhythm.

AWESOME. Then we sing another song and the teacher says, "This is a good song to introduce duple and triple meter." Brian looks at me and says, "What's that?"

And I say, "You know...we are getting our money's worth out of this class because it is teaching both YOU and Michael about music."

Last night, we had this conversation while Brian is surfing espn.go.com (otherwise known as the black hole of man time on the internet...oh wait, that's myfamily.com for Brian).

Brian: You know, I don't really like the NFL that much.
Phuong: Oh yeah, why not?
Brian: Well, I like baseball.

OK. Didn't realize that you could only like one or the other!

Brian is funny. And even after nearly 7 years of marriage, he still surprises me with how funny/weird he is. I am glad he picked me to be his wife. Good thing he has a thing for Asian chicks.

Just a random post. That's all.

2 comments:

Thunderbird said...

lovely post, p.

i sympathize with the hand claps and rhythm issue. let's hope it doesn't affect michael or any future besancon kids.

phuong said...

I actually think Michael has the ability to find the beat. He's not 100% correct, but he's already better than Brian. :o)