Tuesday, February 17, 2009

You're HIRED!

Today, someone used the word "hire" when asking me to take pictures of their newborn. The first time it happened, about 2 weeks ago, I just thought it was funny.

And then today, someone else said the same thing. "Hired."

Hired to take photos...since when did my hobby become a possible job? I'm still not charging...but maybe I should? I certainly don't think of myself as being good enough to charge...and am far from it!

But so far, I have 2 newborn sessions, 1 maternity session, and 1 toddler and 1 baby session that people want me to do.

WHAT? I can't barely keep my toilet clean and Michael has to help me do it! Some days, I can't even get to the dishes! How am I supposed to launch a bonafide business on top of this?

So even though it is a happy realization, it also is a hard one...to have to confront whether I am really going to do this...and if I might just fail.

So now, I better go in search for motivational quotes about not being afraid of failure and how only losers are afraid to fail.

1 comment:

Thunderbird said...

you should definitely charge, even if it is only $30 or $40. thomason and i are doing another dj gig, and although we aren't anywhere near professionals, we are still charging. i would definitely think through some rates because while you don't mind doing it free for friends, when they recommend you it may not be as fun to do for strangers. that little bit of money makes a difference. and you could go shopping with it!