Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Found One!

Tried this recipe yesterday from Rachel Ray, Creamy Wild Rice and Mushroom soup:

http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipes/soup-stew-choup-recipes/creamy-wild-rice-and-mushroom-soup/article.html

Not bad! We are enjoying it quite a bit! It is pretty simple and it really only took 30 minutes (not including the simmering time...but I don't count that because I don't have to be there...I just have to wait).

I have ALMOST everything I need for Chicken Curry in a Hurry (Thanks John/Kelli!). Just have to find mustard seed!

Up for dinner tonight is a Wild Mushroom Marscapone tart recipe that is from the Favourite Recipes from the Books for Cooks bookstore! I am excited to see what it tastes like! I think I am developing a taste for Wild Mushrooms. Yes, with capital letters there too.

This afternoon, Michael and I had an orange juice and a coffee (respectively) at a cafe. It was super fun! He's such a little grown up now. And my friend Kirsten dropped by this morning with Ella and we had a nice morning/chat/lunch (takeout Chinese). WHAT a wonderful Friday!

Nope, not a typo there. It is Friday because tomorrow is a holiday for Ascension. And in France, if you're gonna have a holiday on a Thursday, Friday is a bust too. OBVIOUSLY. It's called: "Faire le pont." Have the holiday on Thursday, but make a bridge to the weekend by including Friday in it as well. In short, take a 4 day weekend. I like it. I mean, what's not to like?

And my sister gets here tomorrow!! WHOOP!

That ended up being a long post about almost nothing.

4 comments:

Linda Alyce said...

The holiday is Ascension (per the blood money calendar we buy annually from LA POSTE). Pentecost is the 31st this year, again per LA POSTE calendar. Enjoy the days and sister visit!

phuong said...

OH thank GOD you read my blog Linda. Some non-catholic told me it was Pentecost and I didn't bother to 1)look up the spelling or 2) check it out. :o)

Linda Alyce said...

Yeah but a French catholic doesn't know why they are off today either. BTW My fave RR recipes are the vodka pasta, picatta toss and her apple corn muffin stuffed pork chops with cream cheese potatoes.

Brian said...

Yeah, it's amazing all the Catholic holidays people get...and the 5-10% of the population that's still practicing...80% of whom are older than 60.