Monday, May 03, 2010

What do you do when grandparents leave?

You give out haircuts. First up, Brian. Take a look at our before and after pics:

B - reminiscent of Sasquatch (or however you spell that):
Post haircut and beard trim:
Pre haircut side view 1:
Post haircut - still a bit of mushroom effect from middle school, but not half bad for my 1st time giving a haircut since college days:
Pre:
Post:
And the back pre haircut:
Post:
Artfully avoided his wild and wooly cowlick.

Pretty proud of myself. My last attempt at a homemade haircut resulted in 2 small slanted lines in the back/center of his head that caused a little girl sitting behind us in church to stare at the back of Brian's head in fear.

Next up: Michael.

Pics of meeting Thomas and grandparents visit up next once I proof them!
Love,
P

6 comments:

Mary said...

Nice work! We're going to be giving out haircuts at our place this weekend...

Thunderbird said...

why cut the beard?!?!?! that is amazing. i may make that my background at work. b, you look dapper. if i could grow a beard like that i would... much to kel's excitement, i cannot.

p, if you carry on the besancon tradition, you need at least one "oops" when cutting someone's hair. follow up the oops with "oh it's not that bad".

Brandi said...

The Taylor's are also fans of the at home haircuts. The first time I cut Chris' hair it was so jacked up that people could tell WITH a ball cap on. It got better. Great job though! Maybe I should shave MY beard to look super skinny like Brian...

Kim Kropka said...

Impressive ability. I "cut" Jamie's hair with a 1/4 inch attachment to the clippers. That's it. And I've screwed that up royal before (he's sported a skinhead look TWICE). But poor Brian, having to pose for those pictures....

phuong said...

Oh Kim. I KNOW you didn't just go there. That was uncalled for from a fellow photographer. Uncalled for.

Unknown said...

Nice P! My first attempt at the haircut was the day before Bill started work and I made a big oops on his ear. He was none to pleased... now he goes to the hair cuttery exclusively. You are quite the hairstylist, I need to send Bill up to you to get a trim.

Brian - I was almost going to compliment your beard and suggest that you look like a Viking, but....I decided that's a bad idea because you may never get rid of the rediculousness.