Monday, June 14, 2010

Longwood Gardens...AGAIN!

While B was in San Fran last week, I took Michael to the Longwood Gardens on Tuesday, June 8th. We dropped the car off to get it's 60K service, got our terrible suzuki rental, and headed to the Longwood Gardens to take advantage of the weather.

Michael was hilarious. He wanted me to take a picture of him. Then he wanted to take a picture of me. So we did this with the iphone. And here are the results:

Lovely gorgeous flowering arches with Michael:
Ok, so it didn't start with Michael and the iphone until after this. I liked these flowers. Need to bump up the exposure in photoshop a bit but don't care to because it was taken from my phone anyways:
Then, we found this gorgeous flowering garden we hadn't seen yet:
Don't ask me why I decided to pose like a retard for Michael:
Michael really liked this fountain and asked for a picture with it:
Then, my turn. I really liked the composition of the one Michael took. The pathway stones were an interesting pattern that I didn't notice before:
Then, we did our normal walkthrough of the children's garden where Michael got super wet! Good thing I had a change of clothes! I ran into a field trip of 2nd graders from the school I want to send Michael to from K-? grades. Chatted up with some of the chaperoning parents and got some great feedback of the principal, Kindergarten teacher, and involvement of the parents/parish/etc. So I'm feeling really great about it! And the kids were very well behaved on the field trip so that made me feel good too.

After this, we stuck around to see the 5 minute fountain display at noon:
As you can see, we were pretty far away and it still looked huge!

More strolling after this and we found this nice gazebo:

Had a great time as always! Michael asked for pizza afterwards so we went and did that. Can you see we just did whatever while Brian was gone?!?! :) Afterwards, Target/Trader Joe's and then home.
I think this is a bargain for this seat if it includes Michael with it:

Met my neighbor 2 doors down...they are another mixed couple (Chinese guy, American mom)! So it was great to hear about the chinatown in Philly. Turns out she teaches 7th or 8th grade at the school I want to send Michael to eventually!! She loves it there, her kids go there and they are super sweet! So yea God for sending me some confirmation, direction, and hope for Michael's schooling.

Michael met a girl. We'll call her A. She is about 3 years older than him and lives 2 doors down (the family I just was talking about right up there). They have taken a liking to one another and ask about each other.

So I asked Michael,
"hey, Michael, do you like hanging out with A?"
"Yes! She is really fast. And she is nice to me."
"That's great! Do you think she likes you?"
"Yes, she likes me because I am funny."
LOL. SO true. Made me think of all the times Michael does his silly Michael stuff like throwing himself on the ground and running around in circles...and inevitably...there is some girl around that thinks he is funny. Well, I married his dad because he is funny...so I guess it's a great way to win a girl right?
We piddled around a lot of the week. We always hang out at the mall if I have to get Brian from the airport because it's only 30 minutes from there instead of nearly an hour from our place. Less car time.

So we were at Anthropologie just piddling around. I turn around and say, "Michael, where are you?" And I see this:
HILRAIOUS. Of course, I had to get my pic taken too. With a book about Paris bistros:
Michael's always great when I'm shopping. He went around trying out all the couches/chairs. Then, he found this display of towel hooks that were letters. So he brought them to me one by one and told me, "Hey Mom! A letter R!" "Hey Mom, A Letter T!" It was adorable.
Next up...farm pics and a giant strawberry slide. But I need to go get my camera to get the pics and that's 2 floors above the computer. SIGH.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The garden pics totally remind me of a Paris garden! Really missing you guys this week. I've been by The Mall twice - and not gone in - as it's just not the same without you! Dare I mention the soldes are right around the corner? Who will be there to stalk the Le Creuset aisle at BHV with me? :(
-kd

Tracy said...

It's so sweet that you and Michael are such good buddies. I love the stories of y'all just hanging out. Precious!