Sunday, June 12, 2011

Parenting Splurp

Read this in my weekly events for families newsletter that I get and I just loved it:

This mom will always have time to kiss a boo-boo. Otherwise, things tend to fall to the wayside. Things like car maintenance; phone surveys; organizing that rabbit-prolific pile of paper on my counter; finding my keys; setting the DVR; staying on top of what's really going on in Libya. Ditto for most of the other countries in the world. Things like remembering to buy vanilla; returning phone calls from my very best friends unless I'm behind the wheel; but I can never find my hands-free wire so there goes that. Things like sending cards on time; sending thank-you notes like, ever; and waiting for things to go on sale. Things like making it to the Lilly warehouse sale or the Boden warehouse sale or actually getting on line and buying things I like catalogues before they are out of stock in my preferred color and size. Things like who the Kardashians are and why they are newsworthy in the first place. Things like who is replacing Regis.

Boo-boos, however, are another story. Boo-boos and bedtime stories are my specialty. And I have to believe that there are plenty of other moms like me out there. Thank goodness.


My only discrepancy is that I DO wait for things to go on sale. :)

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Awwww, I love that! Thanks for sharing! :o)