Thursday, October 13, 2011

Photoshop

It always amazes me what other applications I can use photoshop for. I love it for editing images and designing pieces for my clients. It's an obvious application!

But I needed to make a sign for 9 3/4 platform for our Harry Potter party this weekend. The blog I was reading said she painted a piece of wood and stuck stickers to it to make it look amazing.

I fully intended to do that.

And then I thought - it would be much cheaper just to make it on the computer and print it out on a sheet of paper.

SO I did it in Photoshop:

I love Photoshop because it lets me do what I want. Not like Microsoft Word, which thinks it knows better than you. I would have used Powerpoint if I did not have Photoshop. Powerpoint is such that you can move individual elements around if you like!

But knowing Photoshop, I whipped up this sign in less than 15 minutes and printed it out. For free!

CHECK AND CHECK!

What else is there to do - Harry Potter party wise?
  • Make 10 robes - iron on Hogwarts insignia and cut/hem openings
  • Make brick wall out of sheet for kids to run through
  • Brian needs to construct all the quidditch goals. Should just be nailing them into the sticks we already collected from the yard. I spent lots of yesterday spray painting and couldn't write normally for 1-2 hours after that.
  • Then, stick quidditch goals in the ground.
We have to do normal stuff like food prep, setting tables, etc - but for the most part, we are nearly there! I'm so glad my mom is here to watch Michael while I get stuff done!

P

3 comments:

Brandi said...

#1 Spray painting leaves my right arm useless for 3 days.
#2 Remember to iron your super mom cape. Because seriously, the other moms will probably hate you after your awesome party for setting the bar so high!
#3 I want a Harry Potter party too.

phuong said...

Don't speak too soon yet - I fully anticipate for the quidditch goals to fall apart, some kid to hurt themselves while running on a broomstick, another one to poke their eyes out with their magic wand. We'll see how tomorrow goes!

phuong said...

I'll throw you a Harry Potter party, Brandi. You can also come down here this weekend if you want! I have extra party favor bags that look like broomsticks! ;)