Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Dentist et al

Today, Michael went to the dentist and did a great job! He did not freak out for his teeth cleaning, (like he did last time) and he got all of X-rays done with no problem! Even I have trouble with those bite wing ones!

Luckily the dentist said everything looks fine. Considering Michael only has about 8-10 teeth that are not capped or fake, I should hope so. Poor guy. We definitely are more vigilant about his teeth than we ever were!

In the car, he said to me: "mommy! I am so proud of myself!"

Today, he had this conversation with me:

Michael: Mommy, I really like baby birds. Do you like baby birds?
Me: yes Michael. I do.
Michael: I really like baby birds. They are so cute.
Me: they are!
Michael: I do not like mommy and daddy birds because they peck people and baby birds don't do that.
Me: huh....
Michael: they peck people because they think their hands are food, baby birds don't peck people.

The end. Good talk.

While we were having lunch, Michael says to me, "mommy, 6 plus 3 plus 1 equals 10."

Ok then! Michael has never been terribly gifted verbally, but math is something he gets. Wonder if he got that from us... :) I did not know he had started to be able to add multiple numbers sequentially yet!

That is it for today.



3 comments:

Brandi said...

The bird conversation is hilarious! Austin will say random things, and then when I try to contest it he tells me I'm wrong. We are in for an interesting ride...

Bill said...

Too much angry birds...that's what it tells me :)

phuong said...

Brandi - seriously! They are so convinced they are right and can deliver all these lines with the sincerest looks on their faces. It is what makes it so funny. They honestly believe what they are saying!

Billy - you are just jealous. :). Can't wait until YOuR boy starts saying this kind of stuff too!