Saturday, April 14, 2012

Faux-Homeschooling

I am not disciplined enough to homeschool. I am barely disciplined enough to take a shower regularly.

However, with the summer months approaching, I am trying to come up with some flexible "lesson plans" covering reading, math, science, language, and arts.

Gosh - that sounds crazy. Honestly, it's very lax and kind of built around play. So don't worry about me over-achieving. I'm not super good at that anymore!

Anyways - I brought in our easel that has been sitting in the garage. It has a blackboard, which seemed appropriate...for...roadkill hangman!
I don't call it that in real life. Michael came up with putting the letters on that road for hangman.

But we have been having fun with it and I wish I had started when he was 3. I am using the Ordinary Parents Guide to Teaching Reading. It's slow going, but it's going!

1 comment:

Sally Besancon said...

What a happy boy!