Friday, March 08, 2013

Awww { Mommy Memory }

Last Saturday, we stayed in DC with Team ABC.  Michael woke me up at 6:30am because I'm his favorite person to wake up (YEA!)

In my sleep, I do remember him saying to me, "Mommy, your hair is like a present for me."  How do you not wake up happy to that?  Even at 6:30am!

I was once told to give him a burp cloth to touch while he was nursing so he would have an easy lovey to replace and use.

I never did because I'm lazy and so Michael used to play with my hair when I was nursing.  He would run his fingers through it, and I never thought anything of it.

Well, he's a grown boy now, and he still plays with my hair when he gets anxious about something.  He's got a little bit of a fascination with it!

So now many years later, I'm glad it was me who was his lovey and not a rag used to wipe up spit up.

And then it makes me think about his sentence about my hair because I've told him many times, "Michael, God gave me a present, and when I opened it up - You were inside it!"


1 comment:

Brandi said...

That is the sweetest thing EVER. Austin has a stuffed gorilla that is frighteningly nappy and misshapen. Ad I was super stressed every time we traveled in Europe that we would lose it.
Definitely be thankful!