Tuesday, April 01, 2014

June 10, 2013

Pity me, many years from now as I go back through my blog and find 2014 and 2013 all jumbled in together.  :)

On Sunday, Grammy drove Michael home from Giggleberry Farm (I think that's what that's called!).  It was a children's amusement park, which Michael loved!

On Monday, we got Grammy all ready to go back to TX!  However, not after popping into Valley Forge!!!

It was opening day of the red trolley tour, so we took it.  In the drizzling rain.  I "high-tailed" it there to make it in time for the first tour, and we made it!

The tour was informative and let us explore different areas of the encampment.  Here's Michael with Grammy at the log cabins:


And pretending to be a solider: 

Because I'm writing about this nearly an entire year later, I can't remember what we learned.  All I remember is that it was raining; we barely made it for the tour; and we saw log cabins and some command center house.  And this was a training camp.  And you could fit about 8 guys in one log cabin.  And that it was a good place for a training camp because you had the mountains to your back, protecting you on that side, and a river somewhere protecting you from another side.  Or at least I think.



1 comment:

Portia said...

If mixing it all together bothers you, you can always backdate the posts!