Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Daddy's Boy: June 17, 2014

We all knew from the beginning that Simon is a unique and special baby because he has red hair.

He looks American.

He came out of me.

So it's no wonder, he is his Daddy's Boy.  

Simon A.D.O.R.E.S his dad.  He would scream at my mom and me all day, but as soon as Brian walked in the door, Simon would calm down and do this with Brian all night:

A look of amazement wonderment and awe.

And Brian was the first to crack a smile out of this one:

Simon would just light up - starting around now (plus or minus 2-3 days).

It is hilarious and aggravating at the same time.  :)

I am glad I grabbed these pictures because Simon has now realized that I am his primary care taker.

So he gives me lots of great goos and coos.  He smiles at me when he's well fed, well rested, and has a clean diaper, which is about 15 minutes out of every 2-2.5 hrs.  That look of amazement that he used to reserve solely for his dad isn't as prominent.

It makes me both kind of sad, but glad at the same time.

More later - still have to blog the Strawberry Farm visit, Easter, Father's Day, and other things, but I'm going to blog quick stuff now.

No comments: