Saturday, August 23, 2014

Brothers Gotta Hug!


I've been harassing Michael about getting a good picture with his brother.  It's definitely hard to do, and I definitely need the help of pinterest to do it!

So far, I've gotten this one, and it is not perfect.  Michael is a bit out of focus!  FYI:  f2.2 is not enough depth of field!

(photography note:  Michael's shoulder is on the same plane as Simon's face and is perfectly in focus.  The plane that Michael's face is on is probably 0.5-1 inch above Simon's - thus the lack of focus at f2.2)

I've enjoyed watching these two play with one another.  Michael definitely loves his brother, and I think he is doing his best to acclimate to the lack of attention he receives as a result of Simon.

Simon finds Michael pretty funny and is always laughing and smiling at him.  Michael, in turn, makes silly faces and says silly things - because he is being Michael!  Last night, he was playing with his ears and wiggling the tops of them with his hands, which Simon found to be hysterical.

Michael likes to show Simon how to play with his toys, and Simon watches on with interest.  I only hope I can help them grow to appreciate one another and not see each other as rivals for attention.

For now - I have this picture.  I'm thinking I will be dragging them out for pictures soon as the fall months approach.  Definitely need to be thinking of outfits for them and poses!

No comments: