Friday, December 05, 2008

My Cup Runneth Over

Tonight, Michael and I had the following conversation at bedtime:

Michael: Daddy?
Phuong: Daddy is playing poker tonight.
Michael: Friends.
Phuong: Yes, Daddy is playing poker with his friends. Do you have any friends?
Michael: Mommy, Joda

And he meant it too because he said Joda right after me, which is his best friend here in Paris (Jonah)

Are there any words to explain how you feel after your son tells you that he thinks of you as his friend? I must have done something right!

Then, I remember that line in The Wedding Singer when Adam Sandler's nephew tells him that "Everyone is saying you are coocoo." And Adam Sandler replies, "What do you mean everyone; you only talk to your parents."

I may be only 1 of 3 people he ever talks to but I am happy to still be his friend. Do you think he'll add me as his friend on Facebook one day?

Good night!
P

No comments: