Monday, July 06, 2009

Summer in Paris

As many of you know, I am ready to come home. But I am NOT ready to come home before another glorious summer in Paris! The Parisians leave, and we are left with a calm and quiet city. Bliss. It is awesome right now. SO calm.

After the standard 2-3 unbelievably hot weeks of 85+ degree temperatures, the weather calms down and we get lovely highs in the upper 70's. And sun. Glorious sun!

We take advantage of it! After 2 years of living here, I have discovered these small paddling pools in the Luxembourg Gardens near their sandboxes. I am so sad it took me until NOW to find them!

So Michael and I did that on last Friday and TODAY (in the morning before it becomes a MUD pool of sand at the end of the day):

*Please ignore the quality of the pictures. They were taken with my 6 year old Canon Point and Shoot*

Michael LOVES it and it's not too deep so I don't have to worry much! Here is his delight at threatening to splash me:
Luckily, the boy did not follow through.

So we piddled around there today and wandered to the 2nd paddling pool, where Michael met another American: Lucien and his mom Mindy:
Lucien is 3.5 years old and his family is from Seattle. Arrived about 6 months ago and are living in Paris for 2.5 years total. Hmmm...sounds familiar! I am happy to make a new friend, even if I am leaving soon.
Anyways, time to pack up and go home for lunch...but on the way out, we hear a marching band playing. Gotta check that out at the pavillion!
Michael LOVES bands so we watched their whole concert. It was a group from Arkansas! Being a band nerd, it made me very nostalgic to watch it all. Yes, I realize being in band was (is) super dorky, but I really enjoyed it when I was young.
So we watched them play everything (even a rendition of Stars and Stripes), and headed home for lunch. Which I then realized we don't really have anything for lunch. So Michael and I ate lunch at our local cafe where he had a hotdog/french fries/orange juice/ice cream. And I had rack of lamb, green beans, and salad. Yup, that's right. RACK OF LAMB at my local cafe just 4 doors down from my place. I sure am going to miss the food in Paris. A LOT.

I think you will start to see a very wistful nature to my posts as I realize I am about to leave a pretty fabulous life to embark on another fabulous life! :o)

I love my life.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I totally forgot to post my comment here when I read it last. Do you think Michael will be a band kid? Are ya'll going to make him play an instrument like Mom and Dad did with us?