Friday, July 29, 2011

Oh How My (or rather My Husband's) Garden Grows

Brian has been busy getting Lyme disease because of his latest hobby:
I ran around and took some pictures about a couple of weeks back (mid July-ish). Here are the starts of things.

Sweet sweet eggplant
I love the colors in nature:
What? You don't like sideways broccoli? Yea, I thought so.
Eat that raw, baby:
Arugula - my fav
Some kind of what ended up to be funny shaped yellow tomatoes:
I just love the atmosphere in this picture. I'm not done editing it, but I have an idea of what I need.
My sacrifices for my husband. Brian asked me to take some "good pictures" of his garden. So while he was away on business, I went out there to do just that.

Pretty proud of myself because I had to brave the elements to do this.

First, we ran into a snake. I, calmly, yelled "MICHAEL RUN TO THE RIGHT QUICK QUICK QUICK A SNAKE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Nature - 1. Me - 0.

Then, the bloodiest mosquito bit me on the leg. It started something like this:
And quickly morphed into this:
It ended up about 2 inches wide.

Mosquitos love me. What can I say? I have very sweet blood. If you have me around you, you don't even have to put Off on yourself because the mosquitos will just bite me and leave you alone.

I want to think it's because I'm so terribly sweet. I know better.

Fruits of his labor. Now THAT my friend, is a nice sized zucchini:
Brian's forearm is not a good unit of measure for you? Perhaps you prefer a quark, or an iphone for reference:
Or a Michael length:
Or a Michael width:
More posts to come. I've finally decided to get back on the computer. Summer is over.

Love,
P

No comments: