Saturday, September 03, 2011

It's never too early to go to Disney

After Paris, I was kind of under the impression that it's better to wait to go to Disney - when your kids can actually remember. I took Michael 2x when we lived in Paris to Euro-Disney and he didn't seem to remember it at all.

Then we had this conversation tonight:

Michael: Can you tell me about how I saw Christmas Goofy and how I was crabby, mommy?
Michael: Oh wait, I remember going to Disneyworld!
Me: You do?
Michael: Yes! I played with the Lightening McQueen car! (one of my only retail regrets - not buying him that RC lightening mcqueen car. Apparently it was important and only 40 euro at the time).
Michael: We rode the Peter Pan ride.
Me: Did you like it or think it was scary?
Michael: It was scary.
Me: That's right - you didn't like it.
Me: Do you remember riding the Buzz Light year ride?
Michael: No.
Me: Do you remember watching the old Mickey Mouse cartoons in the theater there?
Michael: No.
Michael: We rode the teacups!! It was so fun!

So you know what? They remember. He was 3. And I didn't make that photobook that year to tell him the stories - so he remembered all on his own.

He was 3. And he's nearly 5 now. I know for sure I didn't talk to him about the Lightening mcqueen car or the teacups. But that Peter pan memory may have been planted.

I hear a very loud cricket. And it probably is in my house.

It's 12:30am - and this is evidence on why I should not nap because I am really not tired, but I am tired of looking at the computer
P

No comments: