Sunday, November 27, 2011

Michael's Talking

Last week, Michael had some real gems while livin' large in PA:

Bath time conversation with Mommy:
Michael: Mommy, you can give me hugs and kisses everyday until I go to college. Then, you can give me hugs and kisses when I come home to visit you.

**Then I started to cry because he was so sweet. And then I thought about how one day he would actually grow up and go to college and how I would really miss him and these days.**

Imagine:
At the mall. We ran into one of Brian's co-workers. Michael does his normal shy thing - hiding behind me the entire time. As we are leaving:

Michael: Daddy, does he wear that crazy hair to work everyday?

**Parents looking over our shoulder to make sure we were out of earshot range.**

Imagine:
Michael is in the car and a Pink Floyd song comes on.
Brian: "Ahh! Pink Floyd."
Michael: "Daddy, they don't got no thought control."

This is hilarious to us because Brian uses this saying all the time. I don't know where it's from. I don't even know what it means. But it seemed applicable to pink floyd at the time.

One day, I was lamenting to my parents about something I asked Brian to do that he didn't do and now we are having to deal with whatever he didn't do. Michael says to me,
"Mommy, if I were Daddy, I'd listen to you and do what you say."

And in my mind, I'm thinking - even if you are MICHAEL, you don't necessarily listen or do what I say! But thank you anyways for your support. :)

As I stated in my last post, he grew last night. Yes, last night. I had to loosen all the waistbands in his pants. Today, at lunch, Michael ate:
1 whole grilled cheese sandwich
1 bowl of soup
1/2 serving of lasagna
1 serving of broccoli
1 serving of apple

Which he finished. And then he asked me for another serving of lasagna and soup. OK-THEN.

That's it.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Austin has the same eating disorder. He'll not eat for 2 days, then eat the equivalent of what a crew of workmen eat on a job site for lunch the next day. It kills me.