Sunday, November 27, 2011

Quote

I was on pinterest (shocker, I know) today - and I ran into this quote.

While it is something I think often, it really hit home for me today.

Today, I noticed all of Michael's pants/pajamas are high waters on him all of a sudden. I was looking at the back of his head and wondering when it got so big. Looked at him in the mirror and he's almost at my chest level. Granted, that's not too terribly difficult, but humor me.

I know kids do this a lot - you turn around and they outgrew everything - seems like overnight.

But I guess I really thought about this quote because I do not chronicle Michael's life to the minute like I used to. I do not chronicle our life like I used to. And I miss that. I am missing that because I do not want to be on my computer. I do not want to be on my computer because I associate it with work. I associate work as editing pictures. I take less pictures of my own family because I'm busy with my business.

Which makes me face the question - Do I actually like doing this (meaning photography) full time - professionally?

Hmmm...always thought that the answer was yes. That being a full time photographer was the ultimate goal.

However, I've had a busy couple of weeks - lots of images to proof and one more session coming up. And these busy couple of weeks have really made me look at photography more as WORK then as a pleasurable hobby.

I am really surprised by this. And am wondering what to do next...other than pay back the investment on my camera. :)

Don't get me wrong - I am not quitting. Nope. But just pondering what the next steps will be...

No comments: