Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Living Room Inspiration

So I have had big plans for my living room for a while.

Plans I have not acted on because I've not had a catalyst for change. I mean, who doesn't like a very a traditional living room?
Are you saying you don't like split pea soup green for my wall color?

While Brian really likes the heavy and the dark, I am not as much of a fan.

Here's my original plan for my living room:
Which is safe and neutral and palettes that I love and can live with.

But a big part of me wants to go HERE:
It's a bit crazy, but I like it. I am thinking that crazy mirror might be fun over my mantel - but I'm leaning more towards NOT:
Don't make fun of my face fat. Apparently, I turned 33 and have permanent face fat - no matter what I do or at what angle. This is a closeup of the mirror so you can see the bulbous colors up close.

But then I saw these knobs at Anthropologie and almost considered keeping my split pea soup walls:
I love that turqouise combination with the split pea green - wood tones, cream, navy, and dark green. Let's face it, I love turqouise just about anywhere. And it would go with my curtains that I am preparing to make for my piano room!

Choices, choices. I think I will at the very least, brighten it a bit with a more neutral and lighter shade of split pea green.

Then I saw this fun clock wall at Pottery Barn that I'd like to put somewhere in my house. I just love all the B&W prints next to the silver and the different mats:
I had to warn the sales associate that I was taking a picture of the display and not a weirdo trying to take a picture of him specifically.

So - I am at a distinct fork in the road. To the right - is the safe neutral blues/greys/purple that I love. AND then there's the left - the crazy-

But no matter which road I take, I'm pretty sure that rug is not going to make it with me.
P

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I am so boring with me decorating ability. Wait, maybe there isn't much ability there... I love your ideas! I can't wait to see your room!