Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Pinterest Strikes Again

Michael is pretty used to me on Pinterest. I hear often from him:

"Oh mom! I like that - PIN that!"

He knows about "his" board that is called, "Kid Ideas." He peruses it and tells me what he likes.

Yesterday, he said, "Mom - I want to do that laser thing with the yarn."

OK THEN. Pictures en suite...


Oooo - see how neat my room is back there! It IS getting almost there...almost there...where I can take pictures of it after it is staged and finally what I like.

I digress - back to Michael:


Betcha love my night light back there!

Now, onto my little teaser. About 6 months ago, I embarked on "Project Teal:"

Yes - I painted a teal band up there in my tray ceiling. I don't care if you like it. Even though it is a bit radical, I like it. And it goes with my color palette inspiration that is now on the wall. Wait, I bet you don't like it? Do you like it? Just curious.

I am very close to finishing up my room. I'm about $200 from being done. Here's what I have left to purchase:
  • 2 lamps - probably going to be pier 1. Which one do you like?


OR

  • Creme colored quilt - finding these at Marshalls for $49.
  • BIG GIANT map of France for my one blank wall - but I have that planned for the end of the year.
I still need to:
  • Sew my striped pillows
  • Sew my modern print yellow/white pillows.
It's not in the budget for me to be finished this month, but maybe next month!

And when it mostly all comes together, you will be the first to see - my first completed room. I bet you are waiting with intense anticipation. INTENSE.

Love,
P

4 comments:

Thunderbird said...

that laser idea is awesome! i will have to remember that for q and cgb.

i would vote for lamp 2, which probably means lamp 1 is better.

the teal looks good... so does that hired hand you got to paint it! holla!

kel said...

i love it! but that's no surprise - half of my house is teal :). what is a surprise, though, is that i agree with john. both lamps are really pretty but i think i like #2 better. so fun!

phuong said...

You know it - i hired my help because he showed up for his interview in a Pygmy goat t-shirt.

I TOTALLY am all about lamp #2. You guys have a great eye! I like the bumpy texture on it and it contrasts well with the teal shade.

However, I am torn because it is kind of silvery in tone - and the room has more golds and yellows in splashes with the teal...so I am wondering if it will go or not.

OR WILL I CARE BECAUSE I LOVE THE LAMP SO MUCH? I may not care.

Kel - I love your color palette in your home! Glad I'm not alone in the teal obsession!

Brandi said...

I love the teal!!! And lamp #2. It makes it look like sexy time for the bedroom ;)