Monday, March 05, 2012

Vegetarian Pursuits

In my vegetarian lenten pursuits,

(of which, I have fallen off the bandwagon 3x - 2 of which I am going to say that I was sick and was just trying to get any kind of nutrition to stay in my system but I know that it is a pretty lame excuse - and 1 because my friend "forced" me to eat a mini chicken taco that she made for me as a snack and I didn't want to be rude, also a lame excuse)

I have discovered a tasty combination. I roasted vegetables with Wegman's Basting Olive Oil (basically olive oil with herbs) at 400. Roast whatever you like for however long you like in terms of "doneness." I used red onions, asparagus, red bell peppers, carrots, and cauliflower.

Mix with some feta. Serve warm.

That's it! I loved it! The feta was a nice bit of saltiness to balance the sweetness of the bell peppers, carrots, and red onions. I love eating feta because I think it's only 60 calories for 1-2 tbspn of it, which is A LOT. A little Feta goes a really long way flavor wise.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I would say that the whole chicken taco thing is totally not your fault. Manners first! And I'm just beginning to appreciate Feta. I made this super easy feta dip from Pinterest (please hide your shock) and it is the first time I have really liked the flavor. Good luck with your veggie pursuits!