Thursday, October 18, 2012

Birthday 2012 - 6 Years Old!

Michael turned a whoppin' SIX YEARS OLD TODAY!  I decided to dedicate on ode to Brian with our French happy birthday sign:

I should have taken a picture of the Happy Birthday Chair cover!  Michael is lovin' all that stuff that makes a big deal about his day.  He sat in that chair for every meal.  He received a sticker from school that said, "It's my birthday today!" and he wore it on EVERYTHING.  Even when he changed clothes, he would remove the sticker from his old shirt and put it on his new shirt.

I accidentally ripped a part of it (because it was star shaped and hard to take off).  That resulted in tears, and I had to show him that it was a sticker and you wouldn't notice it because it still stuck together.

Then the gift opening commenced:

He received his Dream Lite that he's been asking about for the last 2 months!  Look at his loving caress. Hilarious:

To be honest, I thought it was just interesting. But then we turned on the dream light last night and it is freakin' amazing.  I literally said, "WOW!  THAT is so cool!" I think I need a dream light too.  He told uncle John yesterday:  "I love penguins!!  But sometimes they get eaten."

Next, a present from Mommy:

At the Kennett mushroom festival, he saw another kid with a camera too.  He told me he liked it.  Then I saw it at BJs (a warehouse store).  So I picked one up and Michael LOVES it.  He's been telling people:  "I got a new camera and it is a FAAAANCY one."  Can't wait to go shooting with him!  :)

And then the big gift:

He was super excited about his "shopping spree" at game stop.  I tried to convince him to buy the newest version of the Skylander game that is coming out on October 21st because it will work with the old figures as well as the new ones. He wanted nothing of that, which is OK because his parents still game on a Game Cube and PS1.  We totally understand not wanting to get the latest and greatest!  So glad he is our son!  :)

In the morning though, I did the pinterest idea where I streamered his doorway with the 4" of remaining tape that I had:


Michael loved it.  He loved it so much he wanted to keep it up.  And he's been sleeping in MY room.  SO it is MY door that is all streamered up, which means it is ME who has to army crawl in and out of my room now.

After all this gift stuff, we had birthday pancakes and a bowl of cereal.  Michael LOVES cereal.

Then off we went to Parent/Teacher conference.  He is doing great, and the best news came when Mrs. DeColli said that Michael loves to learn.

She also said Michael is really strong with his numbers.  So sometimes the class has to tell Michael not to answer and to give other people a chance.

I asked Michael yesterday:  "So does that mean you are a little like Hermione Granger in school?"

And he beamed and said, "YES!"

THEN - off to Game Stop to pick out games and take as long as he wanted.  After this, we went bowling.  The man at the bowling alley certainly did not want to let us bowl because he had to program the computers for the bowling league arriving in less than an hour.  But I convinced him to let us bowl one game and here was the score:

That's right - I sucked it up most of the game like I never took 2 classes of bowling to graduate Texas A&M.  Then I used the bumper for the first strike in the last frame.  The 2nd strike was legit.  And the 3rd unclosed frame was a shame because that 10th pin DID wobble.

After this, Michael had to get dragged to Old Navy because they were having their Stuff and Save event where we got 40% off our entire purchase!  SORRY, buddy - it only is for ONE day so we HAVE to go!  :)

Luckily, I put it under the "Let's go pick out some Tom and Jerry clothes for you!"  Michael agreed and when we were done, he said to me:  "No MORE SHOPPING!  Let's go home."  I know it worked though because he told family that "We went to get Tom and Jerry clothes for me and some PJammies."  He did not mention the dress, shorts, and 2 shirts MOmmy scored for $18 total!  :)

We went home and played Skylanders all afternoon on the Wii.  We talked to family and we just enjoyed our day of saying YES!  It was a great birthday and it's not over yet!  We are going to celebrate with Brian on Saturday and then he has his birthday party in a couple of Saturdays!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Happy Birthday Michael! And you are an awesome mom for army crawling through streamers for the birthday boy. And I totally hit up the stuff and save at ON too!!!