Thursday, October 18, 2012

Grandparents' Weekend!

WAAAAYYYY back in September (8th and 9th) - Grammy and Grandpa came to visit!

It was Milburn's Grandparents' weekend AND we had not done our annual apple picking trip yet!  So off we went:

We went on a tractor ride back to the trees - Grammy and Grandpa had fun talking to Michael:

I took pictures wherever I could and also demonstrated that it is difficult to take pictures in full noon sun:

Walking with Grandpa:

Happy to be 5.5 almost 6!

Lots of apple picking happened!


Toting his wares:

Mom and her eldest:

More Apple Pickin'


More walking with Grandpa:

Afterwards, the grandparents took Michael into the play area because it was free for them and only $10 for Michael.  Versus $30 for all 3 of us.  We just bought lots of pounds (I think almost 30) of apples!

Brian and I got a very nice quick mini date eating apple cider donuts in the sun.

Then we were off to Mi Cocina in Jennersville, but I think they had a weekend chef because it was not as good as normal.  I had another friend go that same Saturday (although we didn't run into each other) and she said the same thing - that it just wasn't as good as normal.  We've been on a Friday night and been BLOWN away.

After some resting at home, we surprised Michael and Grandpa with How to Train a Dragon LIVE at the Wells Fargo Center in Philly!  It was a great show despite Toothless possibly being broken.  Michael was adorable and seriously believed they were real.  He looked at Brian and said, "See - I told ya. They are REAL."

Grammy bought him one of the dragon plush animals, which he held the whole night and slept with for a week straight.  I tell ya - I LOVE this school age.  It is so amazing.

Sunday was church and then more rest.  After that, Grammy and Grandpa were out!

Oh - worth it to mention - we played Pinochle.  After nearly 5 years of losing or never getting marriages between Brian and I as partners - we WON!  AND we smoked them one game where we went set twice (no meld and stuck with the bid) AND I didn't bid a hand I was supposed to.  AND we STILL won.

I also got a double run.  THAT was fun.  :)

Bet you don't believe I blogged this!!  I am tired of not being caught up!
P

No comments: