Monday, June 16, 2014

Alert Aggie

I've been having serious trouble taking newborn pictures of my own baby because at almost 2 weeks old, he is alert like THIS:

RIDICULOUS!

I was able to get a couple of cute sleeping baby shots, thankfully, for the birth announcement.  But for the most part, he never ever really fell into that DEEP sleep you need to kind of move them around for those cute newborn poses.

Instead, I have this super alert baby!  I am totally surprised, but I love this expression he makes.  He still makes it with his eyes super large and his mouth all small and super cute.  I just love this expression of his because it shows his curiosity in real life.  It's just adorable!

I know I'm pretty smitten with my 2nd.  With Michael, I was so overwhelmed and terrified.  I wouldn't exactly say I am more confident with this one.  However, I will say that I am more "present" with this one.  I'm enjoying all the moments, even through a tired stupor, knowing that this too shall pass. 

I know that during my miscarriages, I remember praying about how I wish I had enjoyed Michael more instead of feeling so overwhelmed.  For Simon, I definitely am enjoying these moments, and I'm so very thankful for them!

No comments: