Monday, June 16, 2014

ONE MONTH! Pinterest-style...

One month!  One month!  Where has the time gone!

Well thanks to Pinterest, I have the great joy of creating projects like this for posterity:

Simon is probably the only 2nd child that will get to say that he has more pictures than the oldest.  

Somehow, we've made it to a month, and it's been great fun!  I've still got to blog a visit from Grammy and Grandpa, photosession with my mama, and his first outing at Walnut Springs Farm for strawberry picking.

Somethings to jot down right away:
  • I don't know if it's too early, but Simon is smiling, especially when he sees his dad.  Today, he just coo-ed and laughed at Brian!  
  • His hand wanders into his vision from time to time, and Simon thinks it's as good as Cheesecake Factory's tiramisu cheesecake.
  • He is fascinated with his father.  He will stare and stare at Brian.  Simon also is very calm with Brian.
  • Alternatively, he kind of gets wound up with me and/or my mother from time to time.  Imagine that.
  • He is gaining weight well and nursing well.
Some things I want to jot down about my C-section recovery so I can remember:
  • I drove today for the first time.  A full MONTH after my C-section.
  • I really do need to rest and heal for two full weeks.
  • I was told by the midwife at my Ob practice that I shouldn't even think about going grocery shopping and pushing a cart until THREE weeks after my C-section.  Considering I tried to do that in my first week, and then my body told me I was doing too much - I am going to believe her.
  • I went shopping today for myself and went to Costco last Friday.  I felt up for this nearly a full MONTH after my C-section.
  • Today, I went shopping with both kids.  NEVER again.  Simon is not nearly as easy-going a shopper as Michael.  Michael would just wake up to nurse and go back to sleep in the stroller.  Simon not so much.
Somehow I had forgotten how long the recovery took.  The only things I remember about Michael's birth recovery was that Michael was born October 17th and about 3-4 weeks later, we went to Bill/Ak's wedding.  Which meant, I had gone shopping and purchased a fancy dress for a wedding in that time!

Today, I dug out some of my old postpartum clothes.  Let's see how my 35 year old postpartum body fares with my 28 year old postpartum body!  EEK!

My mom leaves tomorrow - about a month after my C-section.  My house will never run the same again!  I could not have rested and healed without her.  She put up with my temper, my tired mood swings, and all the baggage that can come with being a daughter.  She nursed me back to health, drove me and my son around to all our things despite being out of comfort zone, and took care of my family.  There's no way our family could have made it without her!


1 comment:

Portia said...

OH my goodness. Phuong that boy is so adorable and squishy!! And I can't believe his hair - so awesome. Congratulations again my friend. I know this was a long road, and one you would very much rather not have traveled, but I am so very thankful your little Simon is finally here - he is just precious.