Saturday, March 22, 2014

Saturday, June 8, 2014: Weddin' Time

The plan for Grammy's visit was for Grammy to take Michael to Sesame Place, a Sesame Street themed amusement park, while Brian and I went to Doylestown for his grad school friend's (Jason Cheung), wedding.

Sesame Place is literally 30 minutes away from Doylestown.  We sure do know how to get away!  LOL.

As a result of logistics, I drove Grammy, Michael and I to Sesame Place and got them checked into their hotel across the street.  Brian met us at that hotel since it was on the way to Doylestown!

Friday night - check!  :)

Brian fetched me and off we went to be a young couple again!

We started Saturday exploring quaint downtown Doylestown.  We walked around, poked into some shops and met our friends for lunch at a bar downtown.  It was cute and quaint, like all small towns in PA.  But nothing to really write home about.  Like most small towns in PA.

In the afternoon, we prepped ourselves for the wedding!  Here's us waiting for the wedding to start:

Still love that man since 1999 in College Station, TX.  Isn't he still so handsome?  I think so!  And he's FUNNY!

I only took my smart phone with me for the weekend.  I was on vacation.  :)

They had their wedding at the James A. Michener Art Museum:

Funny story - when they booked the wedding, the museum had a great exhibit of landscapes going on.

On the actual wedding day, it was an exhibit of nude paintings/sculptures.

Couple's First Kiss:

The reception was tres chic:

They had a live band, and it was AWESOME!!!  I'm totally converted!  If Brian and I ever have a renewal of vows party, we are having a live band.  

I love going to weddings of couples in our 30's (or late 20's).  I always feel like the weddings are more stylish and thought out.  This wedding was BEAUTIFUL.  The food was delicious, the decor classy, and the entertainment spot on.  I know in my 20's, I was kind of all over the place in that regard.  Now, in my 30's, I have a better idea of what I like and what I don't!

The best man, JD, gave probably the second-most awesome best man speech I have heard (second to John's at our wedding where he opened with Brian chasing him around with a kitchen knife).

Some highlights from it:
"One of Cheung's best gifts to Sharla is his sense of optimism and humor, which is a good thing, because if you know Cheung, spending money is not his thing.  You see those two tables full of his friends there laughing?  They know what I'm talking about."

"Cheung is a great mix of my grandmothers.  My one looks at me and says, "JD, make sure you have FUN." and the other one says, "JD, make sure you wear your seatbelt when you're driving."

JD is currently living in LA trying to make it in stand-up comedy.  We were thoroughly entertained with his delivery, timing, and wit of his speech!

Brian and I had a fantastic time, dining on the delicious food and drinking from the open bar!!!!  I had something called a Bay Breeze.  And then I had more of them and never looked back.  

We danced, we sang, and we enjoyed ourselves.  It was a fantastic time.

The wedding finished with sparklers:

Oh - I forgot to add - one of the COOLEST details from their wedding.  Because they had an open bar, they provided transportation from the hotel to the wedding site - A BIG YELLOW SCHOOL BUS.

IT WAS AWESOME!!  We rode with this group of older guests, who were a RIOT.  When I finally got on the bus, they yelled, "FINALLY!  ONE OF THE YOUNG PEOPLE!"

On the way back, they regaled us with a hilarious version of spiritual music.  Watch the whole thing.  It's worth it:

*insert funny video here.  Blogger had trouble uploading for some reason.  Will try again later.*


We went back to the hotel and got into some comfortable clothes.  We stayed up drinking, talking and living old memories with our old Austin friends.  We laughed a lot.  

I think that makes for a pretty awesome date. :)



No comments: