Saturday, March 22, 2014

Weekend of June 7, 2013 - Friday

Grammy came to visit us and play with Michael the weekend of June 7th because Brian and I were attending a wedding out in PA for one of his grad school friends!

We are so thankful to have her spend some quality time with Michael while at the same time enabling us to spend some quality time with each other!

First thing's first - Grammy flew in on a very rainy and stormy day.  We fetched her and carted her off to the Please Touch Museum, a children's Museum in Philadelphia.

We love it there, but you have to drive pretty far and kind of through the ghetto to get there.  As a result, we do not go often.

Here's Michael on the child's hamster wheel:

Grammy and Michael, headed to the Alice in Wonderland play area:




One of my favorite memories of the Houston Children's Museum growing up was their grocery shopping area, and the Please Touch Museum has one too!

Here's our little baker:

Hope that plastic bread doesn't contain azodicarbonamide...

Our carb junkie:

As a checker:

One valuable lesson I learned as an adult in the children's grocery store is what a child must feel like shopping with US in an ADULT grocery store.  One time, Michael spent an entire HOUR grocery shopping here, and I was SO done.  But was he?  ABSOLUTELY not.  We went back for more.

I was bored.  There was nothing for me to do.  We had touched all that food already once.  WHY OH WHY were we going again?

Yet when he was little, every week, we had to go to the grocery store!  I'm sure he was bored!  I'm sure he couldn't believe we were going in AGAIN because I had forgotten one item!  This trip to the Please Touch Museum Children's grocery area was an eye-opening experience for me.  :)

After that, we were off to ride their very cool antique indoor carousel:


NOT.  

Oh well!  Moving on to child-operated cranes, which scoop up small plastic balls!

Michael had a great time with Grammy, as always!  

One day, I need to take a picture of the outside of the Please Touch Museum!  It's in a really cool older building and the architecture is really amazing.

Grammy had this great idea for a picture:

Unfortunately, my focus box was on the ceiling.  :(  Photography 101 - FAIL.

Up next - the wedding!!  

No comments: