Sunday, March 11, 2012

I'll Pinterest That

I've been craigslist-ing the ever livin' with very little to show for it.

However when this little guy showed up, I nabbed him!
Basically, any furniture that only is 12" in depth has my attention. My house is actually quite small (by American standards - we were shopping by French standards!) and the proportions in each room are very petite. Thus, I am always on the lookout for shallow furniture.

Eventually, I am going to Pinterest the bejeezus out of it until it looks something like this:
However, I am happy to have it look the way it does for now. It's now project #1029 on my list.

Well, The King of the House decided this cabinet showed up for his express purposes:
At least it's organized.
Here he is proud - proud of his organizing accomplishments:
Michael's been wearing that outfit for the last 3 days. You heard that right. He's got his dad in him after all.

Yes, that also means he has not had a bath in 3 days. Yes, he also slept in these clothes last night.

I am hoping you are reserving judgement right now and letting yourself not bathe your kid every now and then too. Do not feel guilty.

Michael did not know that this was my idea for my new little guy:
I've been wanting some cabinet space to organize Michael's craft and my "home office" supplies for a while.

Here's a peek at the inside:
Michael was pretty pleased to see his supplies were neatly arranged in the cabinet:
With his crayons, glue, and stencils in the drawer. He was REALLY excited to have his own space.

And I was very excited for Brian to have a home for all his stuff from his pockets:
Which I love that white porcelain serving dish because I bought it in Paris and it reminds me of that. AND the white in the dish matches well with the white in the dry erase board. Scroll up to see. I lined it with parchment paper so I could still just wash it and use it as a serving piece for a party if I needed to.

And to keep it real - not everything was organized:
Next up - what a house looks like when mom is holed up sick on the couch.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I am so jealous. We live in the worst Craigslist area ever. Something like that would be listed as "antique" for $100. I love what you've done with it- and am excited to see after it's been Pinterested!