Sunday, March 11, 2012

MY Project

When furniture finds it's way into the center of the room and blue tape appears, only one thing can come of it:
PAINTING TIME! I've been painting like a crazy woman to get Michael's furniture back into his room so I can use my empty guest room as my natural light studio for a session tomorrow.

DEEP BREATHS. As Tina Fey says in her book "BossyPants," my heart has been eating itself for the last week.

I believe in taping. I'm a pretty anal retentive painter (in addition to being high strung, imagine that).

But when my tape fails me, I feel rejected and let down:
Yes, the 3M EDGE LOCK tape does appear to NOT be full proof. This was even AFTER I resealed it with my fingernail. This ain't my first time to the "painting a room" rodeo show.

This kind of stuff drives me crazy. So I got to it with a flat head screwdriver and it is starting to come off. Just a little tip to others who find themselves in my product-let-down situation. It is not perfect, but at least it doesn't SCREAM at me from across the room.

And don't make fun of my red. Throughout my house - I seem to have an obsession with having a neutral color and then screaming a loud color with it. I will post pictures of the final room soon.

But I was not done. I decided Brian needed a DIY project that he wouldn't want to do:
You guessed it - a miter saw and chair rail.

If I ever wonder if my husband loves me, I just need to pull out this picture and remember that he does indeed:
I was very thankful to my handy guy who went and bought the chair rail, rented and learned how to use a nail gun, and got down and dirty with the decorating.

And then he said to me, "You know, you spent this weekend like any other weekend, watching Michael while I did stuff. But usually I get to do what I want like garden or run. And instead, I had to do what YOU wanted."

*watch loving feelings melt away*

At least he realizes now what his life would look like if I had more for him. WHICH I DO.

MORE! YES! MORE TO COME!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Love the red! And the chair rail!