Friday, June 08, 2012

Last Day of Preschool: June 6, 2012

Wednesday:  June 6, 2012

Michael's Last Day of Preschool.

They had a program, which was very well done!!  They had separate ones for every class this year, which was excellent.  Last year, they had ALL the preschool classes together and that was a little bit of mayhem.

Here they are:


There was a lot of variety in the program, which I loved!  They had each kid come up and say what they wanted to be when they grew up.  We got some great answers:

"When I grow up, I want to be a teenager"

"...A movie star"

This cuter than cute little girl came up and said,  "A COP!"

Unexpected and hilarious!

One little girl came down the stairs doing the cutest hops and skips.  But had to hop and skip back because they hadn't called her name quite yet.  And when they did, she did the same cute hop and skips back down.  I just love this age.

Michael came up and said, "An Engineer."

I may be Asian, but I can swear I'm not feeding him this stuff subliminally.  He wants to be just like his Daddy so we know this is the answer for now.  We'll see when he grows up.  But as engineers ourselves, we feel the need to really explain to him what engineering really entails.  For me, I thought I "liked calculus and chemistry" so engineering naturally.  CHEN204 came as one of the biggest shocks of my life.

I digress, back to my graduating Michael:

Then, came some cute songs and nursery rhymes and pledges.

Then some kind of bean bag dance:


Handbells wasn't so popular.  I was just excited Michael got the super mario one:

Michael with his just super sweet and wonderful teachers:

They both were excellent.  So great at feeding back and just being warm and loving with Michael.  They taught him so much and even had science programs for the kids.

I asked Michael where he wanted to go for lunch for his last day of school.  His initial answer was RITA'S WATER ICE!!

I told him that was fine AFTER lunch.

For lunch, maybe McDonalds?  Or Mi Cocina?  Or Capriottis?

Instead, Michael picked the place 40 minutes away:

Can't say I complained about that!  Here's Michael with his buffet plate.  He loves buffets where he can pick what he wants to eat:

No worries - we made it to Rita's!  For those of you who have never heard of Rita's, it's a water ice place.  Which is a fancy way of saying a "smooth sno cone in a cup."  It actually is quite good and we've been quite smitten with it as a family:

Here's Michael's Scrapbook from School.  I just love his self portrait and that silly picture of him on the cover:

This is a funny montage of Michael:

And again with the engineering:

 I like the way he has dad working at the computer.  It is partly true!  And only what he sees!  We need to drag him into a chem lab one day.  ;)

A perfect end to a wonderful year.

No comments: