Thursday, January 10, 2013

December 2, 2012: Picking out our Tree

One of our family traditions is picking out our Christmas tree at the Christmas tree farm and sawing it down ourselves.

I'm hoping nobody ends up getting allergic to pine...

Michael is always excited, as is Brian:

First stop - NOT a winner:

This guy is not so hot either:

But eventually, we do find a winner:

 Discussions begin on how we should go about doing things:

 Michael gets to it:

Our little guy:

 Oh yes, back to sawing:




They wrapped up our tree and we threw it in my SUV.  I love having an SUV.  We've carted mattresses to Christmas trees in it!

For the record, we went to a farm not 3 minutes from our house on Strickersville Rd called the Old Stone Farm (I think...I'll have to double check).  ALL trees were $40 and a steal!  We certainly did not get the biggest one.  But I'm thinking we got a pretty full one.

Once home, the trimming commences:






Don't know what was so funny there, but it was!  :)  Michael LOVES putting the ornaments on, but he wants to put them ALL on.  I like a less busy tree, but Brian and Michael were having none of that!

Tree picking is one of my favorite traditions, even with the watering and sweeping that entails.  I find it a PERSONAL challenge to keep that tree alive until Christmas!

Bring it!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Ok. One of those times that our parallel lives freaks me out a little.