Thursday, January 10, 2013

Nov 30 - Dec 2: Gina and Zef Visit!

 Six years ago, two friends found themselves with 2 brand new babies!

Six years later, our babies grew up!

And we took them to Mi Cocina for dinner and then the Longwood Gardens on Friday night Nov 30th to see the Christmas lights and fountain shows:

Here's a video:

Michael is definitely the sillier of the two - can't get this kid to take a normal picture to save his life sometimes!


 We ducked inside the Conservatory and were delighted there as well with lights galore:

 Love how the tree glows there!

REALLY wish this image wasn't blurry, but oh well:

The boys loved playing at the indoor Children's garden:

They got along great and it was so cute to see them running around together.

 The next day, Zef woke up at his normal 5 or 6 am.  AAK.  Gina graciously watched the two kids while I slept because I had no idea anyone was awake!  Had I known, I would have woken up!

Gina wanted to spend her whole Saturday in her pajamas and I was happy to oblige!  They went for a walk in our woods and saw our stream in the morning:


While I stayed inside to get lunch set out:

In the afternoon, Brian volunteered himself as Target practice:

If you blow that image up, you can see Brian wondering if that was such a good idea!  :)  Gina and I were working on putting together my white plant stand from Ikea.  :)

When Zef and Michael were first born, they did this to spend time together:

Six years later, they do this together!

What were us adults doing?  Playing games of course!

Then, we told the kids to turn off the Wii and play games with us!  MONOPOLY!!

We had pizza for dinner and put the boys to bed.  They were tired!  Long day when you wake up at 6am!!  ON A SATURDAY! :)

We curled up in my bed and read stories together:

Gina and I stayed up talking and watching The Proposal - a total girl night!  So fun!

On Sunday, Gina and Zef woke up at a more reasonable hour of 7am, and I was able to spend time with my friend before she left.

Michael and Zef went to the basement to hang out with our wall track from Aunt Christina:

 It was a great relaxing time with a great old friend.  I was so happy to be able to provide her a break from her life homeschooling 2 of her 4 children!  It's a bit quieter at my house. :)

And if you are thinking I need something over my mantel, you are correct!  Next on the list is a reclaimed wood project!


1 comment:

Brandi said...

Not to be stalker creepy- but I couldn't help but notice how gorgeous your bedroom is.