Saturday, June 01, 2013

Friday, May 24th - Visit to Prost German Restaurant!

On Friday, May 24th, we kicked off Memorial Day weekend by visiting Prost German Restaurant in Port Deposit, MD, which is only about 20-25 minutes from our house.

My neighbor, who is local, said to me, "Were you ok there?"  There is a large population of racist KKK people south of us in MD.

I told her - well, my waitress was African American and there was another interractial (Asian/American) couple there so I guess it must be safe in German restaurants in Port Deposit, MD!  :)

Here's father and son splitting their sausage sampler platter that came with a delicious sauerkraut and warm German potato salad:

I had a jager schnitzel with gravy and spatzle, which was SOO good!!  We will definitely be going back.  And Michael should be ok when we get to Germany - he was a fan!

Unfortunately for me, I'm not used to eating that large a quantity of heavy friend food anymore.  So I spent the evening drinking green tea to settle my stomach.  

Our Memorial Day weekend was busy with friends:
Saturday - had dessert/smores/pinochle with the Hillegasses (school/church friends)
Sunday - had crabs/hotdogs with the Boyes (my grocery shopping buddy)
Monday - had hotdogs/hamburgers with the Resetars (Mops/Church/School friends)

After three years here, we can finally say we are making friends.  I hope to see that they are still good friends with us when we leave!  Friendships change over time sometimes - we can only hope for the best! :)


No comments: