Saturday, June 01, 2013

Tuesday, May 21st

On Tuesday, May 21st, two important things happened.  All while Brian was out of town.

The first, I ran into two birds:


When I looked in my rear view mirror, I saw feathers and one bird body on the ground.  I didn't think too much about the second bird body until I noticed something strange under my grill.

YUCK.

Brian was coming home late Wednesday night.  I'm not about to do a bird extraction on my own.  I'm a city girl at heart.  Luckily, Brian took care of it for me on the weekend.  And when Brian pulled it out, it kept coming and coming and coming.  It was a MUCH bigger bird than I expected!

The second thing happened at Michael's baseball game that night.  Mrs. DeColli came to watch Michael and Liam play.  Almost at the end of the game, Michael ended up getting hit in the face with a baseball while he was on the pitcher's mound.  Luckily, it bounced and THEN hit him in the face.

A friend of mine said that he saw it coming and held his glove up to his face to protect himself but it just was barely in time and kind of ricocheted off of his glove.  I'm proud of him for his self-preservation abilities!  I only saw the ball bounce, I didn't see what happened afterwards because I was further away!

There was blood and I tried my best to keep calm.  I'm a bit of a drama queen when it comes to blood.  Explains why I never was interested in becoming a doctor!!

Luckily, we have a fireman/EMT in the stands of us parents - PLUS a mom who is certified in CPR/First Aid - and the coach is a physical therapist.  So I knew Michael was in good hands.  I didn't freak out because I knew they would know what to do.  :)

Mrs. DeColli was great and told Michael he didn't have to go to school the next day!! WHAT!?!?!  He was fine - there was no swelling or bruising even!  He went to school.  We were 15 minutes late and I walked him into class.  Since Mrs. DeColli was there the night before, I knew it would be just fine to give him some extra time to get ready for school.  Michael DID try to stay home by telling me that his legs were heavy.

Uhhh - son - you got hit in the FACE last night.  Nice try.

No comments: